We are delighted to announce that we are re-opening Glewstone Court Country House.
Glewstone Court re-opened on 5th August 2020. Things are a little different now but we are eager to ensure that you receive the same relaxed, charming and personal yet professional experience that you have come to expect.
Our priority is keeping everyone safe, this means you our guests and also our team, so in essence it’s a partnership and we ask you to play your part in ensuring that our new procedures are followed.
Since this is new for all of us, and seemingly a constantly changing landscape as we learn more, we would kindly ask you to be patient with the team as they will also be learning to do things differently too and their priority is safety.
We have summarised below some of the changes we have implemented for Covid-19 security as we look forward to welcoming you back.
Physical distancing measures in place for our guests and staff
We are introducing a number of measures to help physical distancing which include:
• Signage reminding you of any actions you may need to take to ensure amended practices help keep everyone feeling safe.
• Re-arranging our public areas, dining rooms and lounges to facilitate appropriate spacing and less furniture in these areas.
• We will not be offering room service or buffet style food and so we will require a breakfast time from you.
• We will be managing table reservations so that guest arrivals are spaced more evenly to prevent tables arriving together. We request that all allocated times are strictly followed or we may not be able to allow your reservation to go ahead.
• Payment must be made by card or transfer as we are not accepting cash to prevent unnecessary contact or risk of cross contamination.
• We will be suspending our usual practice of servicing bedrooms. If essential maintenance is required, we will ask you to leave the room to allow our maintenance man sole access whilst he works. He will wear full PPE.
• Face masks must be worn at all times except when sat at a table eating or drinking. We offer a table service only.
Additional cleaning measures have we put in place
When you check in to our hotel, you can be confident that we have set an even higher standard of cleanliness. This includes:
• Your room key will be sanitised before your arrival and left in the room. We request you keep this for the duration of your stay and leave it in the room when you leave.
• Your room will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised before you arrive. For your safety and the safety of our team, we will not enter your room to service it. Please advise us at breakfast if there is anything you require and we will provide it.
• We will only enter your room in an emergency or if critical maintenance is required and will wear PPE to do so and sanitise all contact surfaces and equipment used.
• Our laundry supplier operates a cleaning system using technology discovered by NASA which kills bacteria & viruses eliminating the risk of cross-infection from laundry without the need for harsh chemicals making it kinder to the skin.
• During your stay, for your safety and that of other guests, we request that you use the toilet in your room en-suite and not the public toilets.
• In public areas, rest rooms and at our front desk we have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitising.
• In areas where our teams work we will be increasing cleaning and focusing on high touch areas such as employee entrances, offices and rest rooms. All equipment used by our teams will be cleaned daily and at every available opportunity.
• We have increased the time allocated to clean our guest bedrooms to ensure that rooms are cleaned thoroughly after guests depart, paying extra attention to high touch items such as light switches, plug sockets, TV remote controls, handles etc.
• In guest bedrooms we will be removing all high touch items such as magazines, room compendiums, marketing literature and extra amenities.
• We will be using recyclable, individually wrapped, items on our tea trays and in our fridges (where present) and these will be in your room only for your stay.
Support and training for our staff
• Our staff will receive a return to work Covid-19 induction programme which provides them with information about managing risks and ongoing support.
• We are providing regular updates to our team to ensure they have the latest advice and we have increased the number of team briefings being held throughout the week.
• We have robust hygiene practices in place for our team, routines for regular handwashing and hand sanitising.
• We have increased the frequency of cleaning in all staff areas to ensure equipment and areas are sanitised appropriately.
• All of our front of house staff will wear a face shield or mask.
Changes to the reservation process
Prior to your arrival we will send you a confirmation letter and request certain information to be returned to us – this includes a reminder not to travel if you are exhibiting symptoms of Covid19.
It is important to ensure you reserve a table for dinner if you wish to dine with us, especially for a Friday or Saturday night stay.
Our cancellation policy is 3 days prior to your stay. No payment is taken until then.
If there is a national lockdown or you or the Hotel is placed in lockdown or we are not able to operate, then you have the choice to postpone at the same rate as you booked, or cancel with a full refund and re-book at the prevailing rate at any time.
Changes to Check In and Check out
• We’ve adapted our procedures on arrival, check in and check out and we’ll contact you prior to arrival. It does mean that we will no longer be able to offer assistance with luggage or room orientation currently but we will provide a room guide bespoke to your room choice.
• Your bill will be e-mailed the night prior to checking out enabling you to e-mail or phone a member of the team should you have any queries. If you do not have an e-mail address we will present the bill for you to check.
• Payment will be taken from the card used to secure the booking unless you advise differently.
Dining with us
• We have re-arranged our public areas dining rooms, bar and lounge so that there is appropriate spacing and less furniture in these areas.
• We will not be able to offer room service at present or buffet food including breakfast.
• We will be managing table reservations so that guest arrivals are spaced more evenly to prevent tables arriving together – this will now include breakfast reservations. Breakfast will be table service and so we will require a breakfast time from you.
• Hand sanitisation stations will be available at the entrance to our restaurants.
The venue, including the restaurant and bar will close at 10pm, Last orders from the bar will now be at 9.30pm. You may order drinks to consume in your room.
If you have any comments or suggestions during your stay or dining experience, please let us know.
We look forward to welcoming everyone to Glewstone Court again and wish you a very relaxing and enjoyable stay with us.
Gary, Karen, Sam, Amy & the Glewstone Team